-

Monday, May 02, 2005

And I'm a Moron...

So maybe I'm just tired.

Yesterday Josue picked me up at 3:15 to help a friend from Church move a few things from his house. Our friend has MS, which means it's hard for him to get around and do these things himself. But he never asks for any help, so when he did we jumped at the chance.

As I'm walking down the stairs, my shoe is only half way on. I get to the bottom, 1 step to go, and BAM! I hit the ground. One of those surreal moments like I've had so many times before. I know I'm going down, but I can't seem to do anything about it. Josue was watching the whole time from his car, and he thought I was faking because I was up so fast. He said he barely saw me hit the ground. I scraped up my knee pretty good, to almost perfectly match Adam's wound (from the treadmill incident).

So no big deal. I mean, I used to fall all the time, I even fell during chapel once. I've fallen off of the risers in our 3rd grade program, it's just what I do (although not lately).

Then today, I head out the door for work, and BAM!!! I FELL DOWN THE STAIRS AGAIN!!! This time it was much worse. I was about 4 steps up, so I took a real tumble, tore a few of the threads on my favorite shirt (stink!), and fell on nothing but my neck and back at the end. I even tucked my neck to get ready for impact, but there was 1 step left, and it threw me off and hurt my neck even worse. I'm still here at work though, just a little banged up and motionless.

I think it's time to move to a first floor apartment!!

Z

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive been waiting for this post. its been a while nieland. u used to fall at least 3 times a week.

just get carpeted stairs and a mat at the bottom. then you'll be set.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

Geez...Josue and I hope you're doing ok. That's just total craziness man...=( Mel, I think you need to keep an eye on your man more often.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home