-

Thursday, April 14, 2005

OHS Soccer

This leads us to the weekend. It was one of the better ones that we've had in a while. Friday I was bored so I looked at my hometown newspaper (which I do from time to time), to find out that my OHS Bronchos were not only in the soccer playoffs, but playing 25 minutes from our apartment! I knew there wouldn't be many fans there, so I thought it would be fun to go cheer 'em on. They've lost to Coppell the last 2 playoffs, and what do you know? They're playing the state champs Coppell again! Same location and everything. Melissa and I weren't doing much that night, so we thought it would be fun. I went home, put on my red and white (an Ohio State shirt I got on our trip to Ohio over Christmas), and went up to Melissa's school to pick her up.

It was quite the ball game!! Close the whole way through, but OHS had to play 70% of the defense, so they were in a bind. 25 minutes left, Coppell scores their only goal. OHS keeps trying, but Coppell was just a step ahead, a step more agressive. I can't believe how intense a soccer game can get. I've been to all sorts of football playoffs, and this can't beat Abilene High-Southlake Carroll at Texas Stadium from earlier this year, but man. It's a different type of intensity. Kind of like a slow burn that you get from a salsa that just starts to get to you. The great thing about soccer is that it never ends. The intensity is there 80-90 minutes, especially in these 1 point games! It was fun cheering them on. We got to see my ex-vice principal, whose son was one of my good friends in high school. I even talked to Rick Leach (their son) when he called on the phone there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home