-

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Google Maps

It's official: Google maps are the coolest thing ever!!!!

Some nice features include being able to drag the map around, to the point you feel you are following the map in your car, being able to see certain pizza places in your vacinity (or any other thing you want to search for: Churches, golf courses, etc.). And now the coolest thing of all:

Satellite imaging. Google bought (or at least licensed) satellite imaging from Keyhole, and brought them to a searchable, draggable level.

If you haven't tried this, do it now. Look up where you grew up, went to school, etc. I saw today where I hit my first HR ever (in a Pepsi uniform no less), and our yard that I used to have to mow. Even the Superdome and the house that Dirk built. Too cool.

Mapquest, who?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Future said...

Put in White House, Washington DC, then go south and see the Washington Monument. Too cool!!!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found my house in chicago, louisiana, saw where i grew up playing ball...its amazing!!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home