-

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Utah Jazz...

Many of you know I am a huge basketball freak, but not many know this: I love watching international players. My favorite players in the game are Dirk and AK-47. That's Andrei Kirilenko, for those of you not in the know. Maybe it is a race thing- my whole life I've been told to just concentrate on football, since I'm not black. That's why it thrills me to see guys whiter than I am out there blocking shots and throwing down rim rockers. But these guys just know how to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Just look at AK-47's spacing on defense, the way he can get his freakin' long arms up to block just about anything that comes his way, can get the board, run the ball the length of the court, and dunk it in from a step inside the free throw line. It doesn't get any better than this!

So I was way, way excited when my boss offered me 2 tickets to go see the Mavericks/Jazz play on April 9th (Melissa's birthday is April 15th, so we can go out this night as well). He has season tickets he splits with some friends, about 18 rows up. Some incredible seats honestly. In fact, a colleague of ours had a client coming in that weekend, and he wanted to switch with me. He offered me Rockets tickets (to watch the overrated TMac and Yao- don't think so), and Nets tickets (to see Jefferson and Vinsanity nursing their wounds- no way), but I turned him down. I wanted to see my 2 favorite players go at it, and see Raja Bell (one of my top 10 favorite players) play as well. I miss Raja on the Mavericks. Of course, Josh Howard is everything he was and more, but still... The Jazz also have Boozer and Mehmet Okur, so I was looking forward to it. Big time. (As was Melissa)

Then the Jazz hire Brandon Carter. Think it's just a coincedence? Hardly. Last year the Jazz were one game from the playoffs. This year they have a much better team, and will be lucky to win 27 games. I don't know what he's done, but I don't like it.

Ok, so it has nothing to do with BC. But that shouldn't matter for April 9th, right? Nope- AK-47, done for the season. Boozer? Done for the season. Raul Lopez? Done for the season. I think BC will have to suit up!

So, yes, the Jazz are trying to take the fun out of our game. It gets me a little down every time I think about it. What's happened, BC?

At least I can still root for my Mavericks!! Best team in basketball these days.

If you come to the game April 9th, you should be able to recognize Melissa and myself. We'll be in the matching Dirk/Josh Howard jerseys.

4 Comments:

Blogger bscarter said...

Hey, half of the dudes on this team are younger than I am!

Just been a bad year man, injuries, guys that took half the season to get into shape plus guys who got big $$$ this offseason and mailed it in a lot of nights.

The other day Memo looked over at me and said "Have you been to Istanbul lately?"

See what I mean! You will be entertained though, Matt Harpring and Raja will start fights.

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Was Memo using a pick up line on you?? That's sick man!!

Yeah, I'm still looking forward to it. You don't go on the road with the team, do you?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

Man, you always get these cool tickets from your boss...sigh, the joy...Josue and I really wanna catch a Mave game soon.

9:37 PM  
Blogger bscarter said...

Nah, I don't do the road trips, at least not this year. NMaybe enxt. I'm not really into them though, traveling to 5 cities in five days and working pretty much 18 hrs a day is not my cup o' tea.

But I do know which players in the league sleep around, and which ones have 'imports.' I'll have to tell you those in person one day, though.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home