-

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Epic TND Last Night

Note: This is a departure from the Mexico stories.

Last night I think I outdid myself. It was the grand reopening of our apartment, as Melissa and I had cleaned feverishly before and after Mexico. Whenever we had new people over before, we just closed our bedroom door so noone could see inside. But not last night!! Dare I say it was looking good!! Then there were 8 of us there last night. The usuals (Adam, Josue, Debbie, and Timmy) and our 2 new friends from the mission trip, Kristin and Taylor (which should be obvious as most of my Mexico stories have one of these 2 in them at some point). Taylor's fiancee couldn't make it, but that's okay. She might have been on Debbie's hall (probably not, but who knows?) at ACU in Nelson. How weird would that have been?

So I had to make a meal that would fit the circumstance. I knew it would involve mashed potatoes, as that's about all Melissa could eat after getting her wisdom teeth removed Monday (She looks great, BTW). So I made Pork Chops with homemade Apple Sauce to pour on top of them. It was awesome!! Then for sides we had mashed potatoes, homemade creamed corn, and broccoli. The corn was fantastic. I made rolls as well, but then for desert we had homemade peach cobbler with blue bell vanilla bean ice cream! It was the bomb. I thought I had burned the cobbler, but it turned out fine. Whew! It was a long day, but it sure was fun to do.

The email I sent to Taylor about coming to TND said that it's our one chance during the week to make a homemade meal for people, so I took that to heart and tried to make everything from scratch. The rolls were frozen, and I didn't make the ice cream, but that's about it. It was truly epic. We even missed Scrubs cause we were talking and enjoying each other's company. That doesn't happen all that often anymore. Then again, we don't usually talk about naked slip n slides in Mabee Hall all that much anymore! Taylor actually brought that up. Seeing as 7 of the 8 of us went to ACU at one point, Kristin got some unique stories from our alma mater. I'm still waiting for some Tech stories to live up to those!

You should try to make apple sauce sometime. It's alot of fun!

Was it my best meal ever? Maybe, but I hope I can outdo it sometime in the near future!

3 Comments:

Blogger bscarter said...

You know I just learned about a week ago that people put apple sauce on their meat. Never figured it out, until one of our coaches pointed it out to me. I tried it, and not too bad.

4:11 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Yes, 1st time I had tried it too. I liked how moist it made the chops. Good addition to most meals!

Those Jazz coaches know a thing or two.

10:34 AM  
Blogger bscarter said...

Except they seem to have forgotten how to win games.

Utah cuisine is very bad, might I add. Mormons really like bland stuff. Maybe I'll blog about that.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home