-

Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday

Monday was a lot of fun, but we really didn't know what we were doing!!

The ride there was awesome. We only had seats for 8, and we always had at least 9 and another person, so 2 of us had to sit in the back on the coolers. It was the closest thing to riding a broncho. (Yes, I did spell bronco the OHS way.)

We went to the clinic that day, and saw a few patients (Our 2nd least probably), and I had no clue what to do. I was playing outside with the kids alot, playing with a beach ball, balloons or this kid's micro machines. They were all pretty cool. This 12 year old girl named Rocio (I think) tried to have a conversation with me for about 20 minutes, that was cool but pretty tough. I got some points across I think. I recognized the word "deportes" from ESPN deportes (which I assumed meant sports), so we were talking about sports and stuff. Kinda sweet, considering I had to use hand gestures for just about everything else.

I also worked a bit in the pharmacy that day, as I had nothing else to do. Ashley was in there as well, so she was doing everything while I kinda twidled my thumbs (figuratively speaking, of course).

We were the first group to get done, which seemed to be a theme for the week, and Taylor and I found the hot showers outside. It was oh so nice. That night we had mexican food and played a huge game of phase 10. Yeah, phase 10 with over 12 people is ridiculous!!

You'll get Tuesday soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home