-

Monday, June 27, 2005

Lights out!!

My wife decided to go to her hometown's Church Camp this week, leaving me here all alone. As usually happens when this happens, I will get to write more on my blog.

So this past weekend I took her down to Belton, and eventually took her, her mom, and her brother to camp. Camp Koinionia is on Lake Travis just north of Austin, real close to my uncle. Most of the Belton, Temple, and Killeen Churches go to it, with Melissa's old Church in charge. I thought I would come back here to help Tim and Adam move, but decided to spend the Saturday night there at camp instead. They needed some help setting camp up, and I wanted to see Mel for one more day (as she me, I think).

As we finish setting everything up, they start to have teacher meetings and things, so Ben and I got to throw the frisbee, shoot hoops, etc. Pretty fun time. Eventually, it was time to hit the sack. This is the night before camp starts so only the campers whose parents are working there can be on the premises. There were only 7 or so of us staying in the cabin that night, so I had plenty of bunks to choose from. I get in bed, the lights are still on, and I go to sleep.

As usually happens at night, I wake up at 4 am to go use the restroom. I usually open my eyes, sit up, and then get out of bed. I go to open my eyes, and... NOTHING!!! I see absolutely nothing. I thought I had gone blind it was so dark. Then, out of nowhere, a car drives by. I see one solitary flash of light circle through the room. Then... its gone.

So you know I'm telling the truth, I caught the whole thing on tape:



I managed to make it to the restroom.

It's strange, my in-laws think I must have the room as dark as possible in order to sleep well. That was not always the case. In 2nd grade I saw a ghost (I can still see the image in my head now, clear as ever), and from 2nd-5th grade I had to sleep with a night light. However, once college hit, I suppose my roommates wanted it dark and now I'm addicted.

Fortunately, I don't have video on the ghost-like experience. Now that would be freaky!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

I like my room to be dark when I sleep at night too...

10:11 AM  
Blogger The Future said...

Yo Deb- how's your computer handle my site now? I wanna post more videos and stuff, but I know faster computers are a must. Hope you can still enjoy it!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same experience at the same camp!!! Only, my experience was in the girls cabins three days later! Aliens for sure! (or maybe a camper with a flashlight... but that's not as fun.)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home