-

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

That time of year...

I just got an awesome sensation. We've had a bit of flooding in our office building due to water heater leaks. I was walking down the hall to the restroom, and this musty smell in the stairwell got to me. I then continued down the hall, where an Asian man was putting some paint on a door. Wow. What memories these smells bring. It reminds me of past Augusts, when I was in elementary school. My dad was a teacher/coach at Bonham Jr. High. Every August my brother and I would go up to the school to "help" him set up his room. The mustiness reminds me of the old gym, where my brother and I would play while my mom and dad worked. Then we would go upstairs to his room, our noses enveloped in the smell of new paint. Ah, the prospects of another great school year. Getting to see our friends again. Having your friends in class with you. The new football season upon us. Such hopefulness, such memories.



Tonight I'll be helping at the kids lock-in, and then tomorrow the teens Schlitterbahn trip. I'll be off here for a bit. Should be a blast. See ya Sunday! I'll have pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger JonGrubbs said...

Ahhh, I remember that memory. Only it was behind the shed after huffing spray paint from a brown paper sack...and I was passed out, so I guess I actually don't remember anything. Ahhh, high school, I yearn for your innocent ways...

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home