-

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Role Playing Games

For those of us that grew up with RPGs, this article is a must-read.

Dungeons & Desktops

It looks at the history of RPGs and the future as well. I can't say I like all that the future has become, with all these MMORPG (is that right?), the focus just isn't the story anymore like it should be. Not that all of favorites growing up were story driven, but the gameplay and story drove the game along. My favorites were Secret of Mana, the Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) series, and an obscure game on the old black and white Macintosh called OrbQuest.

If anything, this may inspire me to get the old games out a play through a level or two!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! amazing..great article, takes me back. I first fell in love with RPGs when i played shining force 2.

I loved those old games, and i'm proud to say i've played through every final fantasy game up to ffx-2. and i have to say the old ones are the best!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home