-

Friday, October 14, 2005

What kind of car would you drive?



I was sitting at the light yesterday on my way home, and it struck me. Why do cops get a car for work? If your job is a policeman, fireman, busdriver, etc. you know exactly what you'll be driving for the rest of your life.

What if other jobs did that? What if the government made each profession drive a certain make, model, and color of car?

Unfortunately, people think (probably rightly so) that my occupation is bland, boring. This '94 white nissan (above) would probably be given to each of us. Very boring, very safe.

What car would your profession get? If you had known this in the beginning, would you have picked a different major in college?

7 Comments:

Blogger bscarter said...

I imagine PR foks would have somethig massive, like a Hummer or big pick-up, because we all think we're so damn important.

2:15 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie said...

mine is way too cliche. i'm a stay at home mom so it would have to be a mini-van.

never mind, that's toooo boring, so i'm not playing.

9:18 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

No way, Jimps!

Yeah, I'm from Odessa. Born in Abilene, but moved to Odessa when I was 3.

It's a pretty nice place, I suppose. Can't say too much bad about it... When's the last time you've been back?

3:48 PM  
Blogger sethnbeth said...

Jimps - youre right about the 15 passenger van but you forgot to say thats only for out of town trips with kids. We're not worthy of wasted gas for every day around town by ourselves, so we get bicycles. Actually, we get a bicycle allowance, which is really just our money designated from our paycheck for tax purposes.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think us Education majors would probably get two choices, either the uncool, but in our pay grade ford taurus or a minivan. I have owned one and will probably own the other at some point, but what can I say I guess I'm not that cool... I have to say if you the government just gave out the cars for the job abd you didn't have to pay for them I might have changed my major!

3:41 PM  
Blogger The Future said...

Yo Brack!

Heard you had a birthday a couple of days ago... congrats!!

Say hi to the brown for us.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jacque said...

hey Ali...start a blog about your trials and tribulations way out in the midwest. As a poor college instructor, I don't make enough money to have a "company car." But if I did, I would get a London taxicab. Versatile, cool, holds a lot of people...it would be wounderful!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home